So…what does a mature 34 year old do with a snow day? She’s all super productive, right? She does laundry, cleans her room, works on her taxes…
Um, no. Not this mature 34 year old anyway.
I blame Facebook, really. Had I not scrolled through my newsfeed so obsessively, I might never have been introduced to the wonder that is Snow Ice Cream. But, alas, there it was…plain as day. Quite honestly, a lot of people were posting about it. I’d never heard of it before, but it sounded pretty cool (No pun intended. Aww, who am I kidding?).
At first I told all my friends with kids (and my brother and sister-in-law – my niece and nephew would LOVE it) about it. Then, I decided I had to try it for myself. I gotta say, it was definitely worth trying and it was a whole lot more fun than doing anything respectable.
You, too, can make Snow Ice Cream if you follow these easy steps.
1. Mix 3/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla in a bowl (or other container of sorts).
2. Bring that mixture outside and gather 4 – 6 cups of snow.
3. Stir the snow in with the base mixture, adding more snow as necessary…to reach your desired consistency.
4. Add toppings. I chose chocolate syrup, but, you know, whatever floats your boat.
5. Enjoy ASAP…or it gets kind of soupy…but doesn’t all ice cream?
Boom: Awesomeness! And also, I actually did something else productive today. I finished this blog post, so there. But seriously, go make some of this scrumptiousness.